A Mayoral Earthquake Response Fund has been set up to assist residents and organisations in the Hurunui district following the Hurunui-Kaikoura earthquake sequence in November 2016. Applications can be made to two grants:
Personal Hardship Grant:
This grant is open for applications from individuals facing hardship. Generally the grants will amount to $500. However, this amount is a guide only (it may be less or more) and priority will be given to:
- Essentials for daily life.
- Extra financial burden or costs due to the earthquake.
- Costs not covered by insurance or other funds such as Work and Income.
Mayoral Earthquake Community Wellbeing Fund:
This grant is open for applications from groups or organisations whose communities have experienced significant effects from the earthquakes. To be eligible for the grant a group or organisation must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a group or organisation carrying out community wellbeing activities in the Hurunui district, particularly in the areas affected by the earthquake.
- The grant is for activities and events, not for capital or infrastructure items.
- A brief report following the event/activity must be provided for accountability purposes.
You can download the application forms below:
For more information please contact:
Post: Hurunui District Council | PO Box 13 | Amberley 7441
Phone: 03 314 0011