BUSINESS RECOVERY GRANT
On 27 February, the Government approved a $1.0M business grant programme for Kaikōura, Hurunui and Marlborough.
The Business Recovery Grant Programme (BRGP) is the next phase in the government suite of recovery support measures and is intended to help businesses which may not receive assistance from the packages for tourism and primary producers. The Earthquake Support Subsidy (ESS) will finish on 30 April. The BGRP is intended to assist those businesses most in need, helping them through from April 30 until State Highway One (SH1) reopens.
Eligibility criteria are that the business:
• is located in the Kaikōura and Hurunui Districts, or in Marlborough, south of Blenheim, on SH1
• suffered a significant income drop caused by the 14 Nov 2016 earthquakes
• was viable before the earthquakes & has the potential to successfully recover
• has no other efficient options available, including insurance
• provides a significant source of income to the business owner
• pays staff at least minimum wage
• is not a charity, property developer, investor or rural farming business.
Grants will need to be for a specific purpose to sustain the business. Businesses will need to show how much they want and what they want to spend it on. For example, businesses may apply for a grant for marketing, shop refits, relocation expenses, and operating costs (this can now include wages for full-time employees).
You must also provide:
• external accounts for the year ending 31 March 2016 and the year ending 31 March 2017 (can be internal management accounts)
• a cashflow forecast looking forward 12months from 1 May 2017
• a budget for how the proposed grant will be spent (if applying for anything other than operating costs)
• a statement of personal financial position
• copy of a bank deposit slip or bank certified evidence of account
• details of any tax issues
Grant Applications that aren't fully completed as per application requirements will be delayed until all information is received.
If you require assistance in completing the application or providing the supporting financial information we suggest you contact your financial advisor.
Grant applications and supporting information are acceptable in either hard copy, electronic form or a mixture of both.
Application forms are available at here on the Business Recovery Grant Application Form Portal
All hard copy information to be sent to:
Business Recovery Grant Application
C/- Canterbury Employers Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 359, Christchurch 8011
57 Kilmore Street, Christchurch
All electronic supporting information should be sent to email@example.com
You will receive an email notification on receipt of your application. Fully completed applications, that meet the eligibility criteria, will be assessed by an independent grant assessor. An independent panel will make the final grant decision and you will be informed of the outcome within 2 weeks of the assessment.
Further information: http://www.futurekaikoura.co.nz/grants.html
in the Kaikōura and Hurunui Districts, or in Marlborough, south of Blenheim, on SH1