Community facilities and infrastructure

Q. Our local hall is now closed – what is going to happen to it?

We will be talking to affected communities about Council owned facilities and what should be done with these in the future. You can always email or call Rochelle Faimalo from the Hurunui recovery team via or 027 427 1087 to discuss community facilities and funding options for these.

Q. How can I find out about what is happening with our roads?

Responsibility for roading in the Hurunui is split between the Council, the New Zealand Transport Agency and private land owners. For updates about State Highway 1, the Inland Road (Route 70), and State Highway 7 to Nelson/Picton please see NZTA’s website here and for tips about Canterbury/Marlborough travel look here.

For information about Council managed roading network please see here