Friends of the Library
Everyone needs friends!
Organisations and institutions as well as people
need assistance and support to help them
grow and flourish!
It is the solid support of volunteers, local
community groups, organisations and businesses
that makes the Hurunui Public Libraries proud
to provide such an important service
to the Hurunui District.
How do Friends enrich the library?
- by supporting one of our community's greatest assets - its libraries
- by supporting the freedom to read and access to information for all
- by focusing public attention and broadening community awareness and use of library services and resources
- by assisting in the provision of extended and improved library resources and services
- by assisting in maintaining the Hurunui District Libraries as a free public library service
Friends of the Hurunui District Libraries Inc have two types of members - current library volunteers and supporting. Membership for current library volunteers is free and supporting members give us a donation each year. Please indicate if you wish to be active in the Friends organisation.
- Current Library Volunteer: those who currently work as volunteers in the libraries in the district. If you are interested in doing this please approach your local library
- Supporting Members: those not active as volunteers in local libraries. These members pay an annual donation towards the work of the Friends. Supporting members may also be families, groups, organisations or businesses.
Active members of the Friends will be involved in helping with fundraising, membership drives and other activities.
Bequests contribute to further the development and improvements of the Libraries of the Hurunui District.
Bequests can be in the form of cash, shares, real estate or any other property and may be made by way of gifting during your lifetime or bequeathed in your will.
Every gift is appreciated
For further advice, contact your solicitor, or contact:
Friends of the Hurunui District Libraries Inc
PO Box 13