Hanmer Springs power outage
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
Thursday 1 October 2015
Emergency repairs are required to a power pole at Marble Quarry that caught fire this afternoon and caused extensive damage to the electricity network. To complete the repair work and ensure a reliable electricity supply, power will be out in Hanmer Springs from 5.30pm this evening. MainPower staff will work as quickly and safely as possible to minimise any inconvenience to customers. The expected outage duration is approximately 2 hours.
MainPower recommends the following during an outage:
- Treat all electric lines as live during the power outage period. Power will be restored as soon as the work is completed which might be earlier than the time specified.
- If you have medical support equipment that is dependent on electricity, be ready with your back-up plan to maintain the use of your equipment.
- Shut off or disconnect all sensitive equipment (computers, televisions etc) before the outage begins, to reduce the risk of damage from power surges that can occur when power is restored.
- Minimise the opening of fridge/freezer doors to maintain the temperature. Food will keep for at least one day if seals are in good condition.
- Turn off any major appliances like washing machines or heat pumps, prior to the outage. This will prevent them from unexpectedly coming on when the power is restored.
- Make sure all heat-producing appliances (for example, ovens, irons and hair straighteners) are turned off. This will minimise any fire hazard if the power is restored while you’re away.
- Notify your alarm and phone company as alarm phone systems can be affected.
- Make sure you know how to override or manually operate security gates and automatic garage doors.
- If you have a generator, please follow general safety guidelines and never use a generator indoors.
MainPower apologies for any inconvenience experienced due to the unplanned power interruption.
Rangiora-based MainPower New Zealand Limited owns and operates the electricity network across the North Canterbury and Kaikoura regions. The network delivers electricity to over 65,000 customers via 4,932 kilometres of overhead lines and underground cables, across a geographical area of 11,180 square kilometres. MainPower is a community owned company; the MainPower Trust holds the ownership of MainPower New Zealand Limited on behalf of the communities of North Canterbury and Kaikoura and for Qualifying Customers.