North Canterbury Earthquake

Primary Industries message update from MPI
5pm, 5th December 2016.

Rural assistance contacts:
- Contact Federated Farmers on 0800 FARMING to lodge requests for, or offers of, help on the farm.
- Contact your local Rural Support Trust on 0800 RURAL HELP for a private and confidential chat
- The Government’s general 0800 helpline is open from 7am - 9pm, seven days a week, to help you identify other help you may be able to access. 0800 779 997
- Talk to your accountant, bank, and Work and Income to see what other assistance you may be eligible for.

The NZTA’s latest update:
Local residents who live along the Inland Route 70 do not have to apply for a travel request. You have the right to travel, as long as you have made contact with the Downer Cordon controllers, by approaching them at the checkpoints when you want to travel.
If you are a supplier of services to residents along the inland Route 70 you will need to apply for a travel request. More info and the form is here, or call 0800 44 44 49.

Temporary Accommodation
MBIE’s temporary accommodation service is available for people whose primary residence has been damaged by the earthquake:
Rural properties may have other accommodation needs, such as damaged seasonal worker housing. Please contact who is compiling these on behalf of MPI.

Support Package for earthquake-affected primary sector
The Government announced $4 million towards a primary industries earthquake relief fund to help towards repair costs for some uninsurable infrastructure repairs across the Hurunui, Kaikoura and Marlborough districts. The application form is available here

Other support available
Check with Work and Income about other help which may include work and income support, Mayoral relief funds, civil defence payments, help with living expenses, temporary accommodation, counselling, rural assistance payments, and financial support for businesses.

- Don't wait to make essential repairs.
- Contact EQC and your insurer as soon as possible.
- Document, photograph and keep receipts for work carried out.