Proposed Dog Control Policy and Dog Control Bylaw
The Council is currently reviewing the Dog Control Policy and Dog Control Bylaw. We are proposing a few amendments to the current documents. An interactive map has been developed to view the proposed dog control areas.
Why have a dog control policy and dog control bylaw?
The Dog Control Act 1996 sets some national rules for dogs and requires Councils to set local rules. Our Dog Control Policy:
- sets the areas where dogs are prohibited, required to be on leash or able to be exercised off leash
- how we will minimise the potential for dog-related nuisance and harm
- how we will encourage responsible dog ownership.
The Dog Control Bylaw enables us to enforce our Dog Control Policy.
- Summary of Information
- Statement of Proposal
- Attachment A - Proposed Dog Control Policy
- Attachment B - Proposed Dog Control Bylaw
You can make your submission in writing by downloading and completing the submission form.
Submissions can be made to Hurunui District Council by:
- Delivery to 66 Carters Road, Amberley
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post to PO Box 13, Amberley, 7441.
Submissions close 5pm, Monday, 1 August 2018.
For further information please contact Monique Eade on 03 314 0095 or email@example.com