Proposed Hanmer Springs and Gore Bay Alcohol Ban Bylaw
The Council is currently reviewing the Hanmer Springs and Gore Bay Alcohol Ban Bylaw. We are proposing a few minor amendments to align with the Local Government Act 2002.
Why have an alcohol ban bylaw?
The Local Government Act 2002 gives Council the authority to control the consumption and possession of alcohol in public places.
The aim of the Hanmer Springs and Gore Bay Alcohol Ban Bylaw is to control the consumption of alcohol in those situations where Council is concerned that the possession of alcohol may result in disorderly behaviour and criminal offending.
The Bylaw prohibits the possession and/or consumption of alcohol in Hanmer Springs Township and Gore Bay from 7pm on New Year’s Eve until 7am on New Year’s Day, therefore:
- protecting and promoting public health and safety in public places,
- protecting the public from nuisance in public places, and
- minimising the potential for offensive alcohol related behavior causing harm in public places.
You can make your submission in writing by downloading and completing the submission form. Make sure you save a copy before filling the form in!
Submissions can be made to Hurunui District Council by:
- Delivery to 66 Carters Road, Amberley
- Email to email@example.com
- Post to PO Box 13, Amberley, 7441