Information to be supplied with On, Off and Club Licence Applications

The following information/documents must be provided with the application:

Planning and Building Certificate for new applications

The first step is to obtain a Planning and Building Certificates stating that the premises and its use comply with the requirements of the Resource Management Act, the Hurunui District Plan and the Building Code.  The certificate will form part of your application and as your licence cannot be issued without it, it is important that you apply for these early.

Plan of Licensed Areas 

Floor plan/scale drawing of the premises clearly indicating all the licensed areas and which parts will be designated as ‘restricted’ or ‘supervised’ areas (if any).  The plans may also include outside areas such as decks, verandas and garden bars.


A copy of the menu or a list of food that will be available

Host Responsibility Policy

A Host Responsibility Policy must be developed for the premises. The policy sets out the strategies to help create safe drinking environments.

Certificate of Incorporation

For any companies or body corporate, a Certificate of Incorporation (or equivalent document) (new applications only)

Owner’s Permission Form

An Owner’s permission form is required for new applications, but only if you are not the owner of the premises.