Community Service Awards
Previous Recipients of the Hurunui District Council Community Service Awards for exceptional community service. If you know someone who meets the requirements please nominate them.
Nominations will be sought annually at mid-year by advertising.
Advertising takes place in March/April, with applications closing in May . The awards will be presented during a Council meeting following:
- A maximum of one award is promoted from each council ward per year.
- Joint awards, e.g., Husband and wife are acceptable.
- Ward Committees, the Community Board and Councillors to select nominees from their area and the Councillor(s) to approach the highest ranking nominee and seek their approval to accept the award.
- Full Council approve the final nominees.
The Nomination form is updated each year, and can be downloaded here or call into your nearest Service Centre to receive a form.
Nominations to remain confidential until selection by the Councillors and recipients have agreed to accept their awards.
- A long period of exceptional service by resident of the district.
- Community service for which there has been no direct financial reward.
Send completed forms to:
Hurunui District Council
PO Box 13