Hurunui Heritage Fund
Applications to the 2018 Hurunui Heritage Fund are now Closed
The purpose of this fund is to encourage and assist with voluntary work that protects, enhances, explains or restores significant heritage values of the District.
The fund is open to residents and ratepayers of the Hurunui District, individuals or groups for work relating to either private or public land in the Hurunui District.
Some past projects we are pleased to have been a part of include:
- Upgrade of the stage backdrop of the Waiau Hall,
- Protective fencing around Maori Rock drawings in Waipara & Signage for the Weka Pass Maori rock drawings,
- The upgrade of a railway carriage with the Weka Pass Railway,
- funding for an Engineers report on the earthquake status of the Heritage Hurunui Hotel building,
- Weather proofing the Heritage Cheviot Courthouse building,
- Restoration of the Balcairn Community Hall,
- Replacement of steeple timbers on the Amberley Catholic Church,
- Assisting with the purchase of a computer to record historic items by the Amuri Historic Society,
- Restoration and preservation of a Century old Historic Barn in Leithfield.
Applications closed 5pm Monday 30 April 2018
Any queries about the fund should be directed to Maree Hare on 03 314 0111 or email@example.com.