Secondary School Achievers Fund
Secondary School Achievers Awards
Online Applications for the 2018 Hurunui District Council & Buddle Findlay Secondary School Achievers Fund are now open. Applications close midday Monday 12 November 2018.
what is it?
The fund is open to current school students from Year 11 to Year 13, who are going on to further study in the following year. Past recipients have used the funds for boarding fees, scholarship travel expenses, text books, electronic equipment etc.
- This fund is for Hurunui residents, so the applicant's family home, must be within the Hurunui District boundary, although it is recognised that they may currently be attending a school outside the district
- Successful applicants will need to demonstrate their positive attitude as well as their high level of ability and/or ingenuity
- Successful applicants will need to demonstrate how they would benefit from financial assistance to help them achieve their goals
- Funding is available for those going on to further their learning or education.
- The Award is not open to those wanting to engage in voluntary work,
- This funding can only be received once,
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
how do i apply?
- All applications are to be made online by midday Monday 12 November 2018
- All supporting documentation will need to be uploaded with your application
- Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered
Please note: upon successful completion of your online application, you will receive an automated emailed response, if you do not receive this please contact Maree Hare 03 314 0111
The following Hurunui District libraries provide free Internet access should you require this service:
- Cheviot Community Library
- Amuri Community Library & Service Centre
- Hawarden Community Library
- Hurunui Memorial Library - Amberley
- Hanmer Springs Community Library & Service Centre
enquiries to Maree Hare 03 314 0111