Hanmer Springs War Memorial Hall
Corner Amuri Avenue and Cheltenham Street, Hanmer Springs 7334. The Hall is connected to the Library and Service Centre.
- 150 chairs and 14 trestle tables, seating about 100 comfortably
- Standing capacity 400
- The kitchen is equipped with an oven, pie warmer, dish steriliser, and microwave. There are about 50 cups and saucers, assorted plates, but no glasses, cutlery, cutting boards etc.
- Catering can be organised through local businesses: contact the library staff for more information
- The key to the hall can be collected from the adjoining library the day before or on the day. The library is open 12pm - 4.30pm Monday to Friday and 10pm - 2pm on Saturday and Sunday
Conditions of hire:
A separate bond is required for all bookings (payable by cheque before the function). This bond is deposited by the Hurunui District Council and is fully refundable if no damage is incurred. Should there be any cleaning and/or repairs required the costs will be deducted from the bond held and, if the total cost should exceed the amount of the bond held, then the hirer will be charged the balance. Please make out your cheque to the 'Hurunui District Council' and send it to: Hanmer Springs Community Library and Service Centre, Cnr Amuri Avenue and Cheltenham Street, Hanmer Springs 7334. Or, if you wish to make your deposit electronically by direct credit you can do so and send us an electronic receipt by return email. Bank details for the HDC are: 03 0802 0946666 00. To confirm your booking date this should be sent in to us as soon as possible.
You will also need to fill out and return two forms available through the library:
- Conditions of Use
- Fire Safety & Evacuation procedures plan
If you are intending to serve alcohol, you will also be required to fill in a third form:
- Responsible Host plan
Please refer to Council Fees and Charges.
Through Hanmer Springs Community Library and Service Centre, Cnr Amuri Avenue and Cheltenham Street, Hanmer Springs 7334 ph: 03-3157912; email Hanmer@hurunui.govt.nz. The library is open 12pm - 4.30pm Monday to Friday and 10pm - 2pm on Saturday and Sunday.