Amberley Pool 2017/18 Summer Season
The Pool’s 90th birthday celebration on Saturday 18 November from 12:30pm to 5.30pm. Music, activities, sausage sizzle and meet the lifeguards and swim teaching team for the season.
Before we consider introducing activities, we need to gauge their potential viability.
The pool will be open from 18 November:
- Weekdays: 3:00pm - 5:30pm
- Weekends and school holidays: 12:30pm - 5:30pm
- Closed public holidays
- 4 weeks from Monday 20 November to Friday 15 December.
- 3 weeks of block lessons in the holidays from 8 January 2018.
- Term 1 lessons from Monday 5 February.
Call, text or email Lorna on 022 465 6762 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the following.
- For safety reasons, children under 8 years of age must be accompanied and actively supervised by an adult at all times.
- The instructions of the pool staff must be followed at all times.
|Monday - Friday||3pm - 5.30pm|
|Saturday - Sunday||12.30pm -.5.30pm|
Heading north on the main highway, turn left at the BLUE DAIRY into Douglas Road.
The Amberley swimming pool is an aged facility expected to reach the end of its useful life before 2020. Consultants have been engaged to provide advice, and the Amberely community have been involved in looking at options and fund raising. No decisions have have been made at this stage but that has not stopped work going on to determine a way forward. See SAVE OUR POOL for more information.
In 2008 we engaged to provide specialist to advise us on options for the future regarding a heated pool. This resulted in the Amberley Swimming Pool Facility Report
- March 2011, a swimming pool working group was formed to progress this further. The Feasibility Group findings and recommendations report is available here
- April 2012, the Council received a report on the condition of the Amberley Swimming Pool with comment on its life expectancy and compliance and consider options for its future In 2013 a fund raising group was formed called SAVE OUR POOL - Amberley Community Pool Society Inc. to fundraise money for an improved local community pool. To find out more, go to http://saveourpool.org.nz/