Hurunui District Council - Waste and Recycling
Hurunui District Council provides a range of waste and recycling services and initiatives including refuse and recycling kerbside collections, transfer stations, recycling banks and a schools recycling and waste minimisation education programme.
For further information on waste and recycling in Hurunui, use the quick links provided below.
- Household and Commercial Refuse and Recycling Collections.
- Household and Commercial Refuse and Recycling Collection Days.
- Household and Commercial Recycling Collections - Guidelines.
- Household and Commercial Refuse Collection - Guidelines.
- Rural Refuse and Recycling Collections.
- Locations and Opening Times
- Recycling outside of Transfer Station Opening Hours.
- Transfer Station Recycling.
- Green Waste Recycling.
- E-waste Recycling.
- Agricultural Recycling - Agrecovery.
- What cannot be accepted as Waste or Recycling at the Transfer Stations?
- Transfer Station - Fees and Charges.
- Agricultural Recycling - Plasback.
- Free Materials.
- Bokashi Composting - Council Discounted Offer.
- Schools Recycling and Waste Minimisation Programme.
- Waste Management and Minimisation Plan (2012).
- One Planet E-Book.
- Envirocomp - Nappy Composting Scheme.
- Kate Valley Landfill.
Hurunui District Council - Waste and Recycling Tonnages
The waste and recycling tonnages (by source) for the last three rating years and for the current rating year (to the end of January) are shown in the table below.
Waste and Recycling Tonnages
|Financial Year - July to June||10/11||11/12||12/13||13/14|
|Hurunui Recycling household and commercial green bag collections and recycling drop off||564.744||532.006||526.354||284.144|
|Hurunui Recycling re-use store textile sales||10.604||8.375||5.667||0|
|Transfer station recycling; recycling banks and Council commercial recycling collections||85.259||154.6997||238.152||143.117|
|Glass recycling - Hanmer Springs domestic collections; recycling banks; transfer stations||442.35||512.83||499.406||296.06|
|Transfer station green waste||68.003||81.01||112.465||47.323|
|Paint, cooking oil and other||0||0||1.4298||1.6301|
|Waste to Kate Valley - refuse collections, litter bins, transfer stations||1978.93||1894.10||1958.92||1288.24|
|Hurunui Recycling Re-use Store||132.341||103.677||79.376||34.683|