Hurunui District Council - Waste and Recycling
The council provides a range of waste and recycling services including refuse and recycling collections, transfer stations, recycling banks and a schools and community group education programme.
Further information on waste and recycling in Hurunui is available using the quick links below.
- Transfer Stations.
- General Information.
- Update by Individual Township.
- Refuse and Recycling Collection Days.
- Recycling Collections - Guidelines.
- Refuse Collection - Guidelines.
- Rural Refuse and Recycling Collections.
- Locations and Opening Times.
- Recycling outside of Transfer Station Opening Hours.
- Transfer Station Recycling.
- Green Waste Recycling.
- Household Cleanfill - Amberley Transfer Station only.
- E-waste Recycling.
- What cannot be accepted as Waste or Recycling at the Transfer Stations?
- Transfer Station - Fees and Charges
- Recycling Damaged, Expired and Unwanted Car Seats.
- Agrecovery Agricultural Recycling.
- Plasback Agricultural Recycling.
- Bokashi Composting - Council Discounted Offer.
- Pet Waste Composting - Council Discounted Offer.
- Amberley Lions - Recycling for KanTab.
- Events Recycling.
- Love Food Hate Waste NZ
- Waste Management and Minimisation Plan (2012).
- Kate Valley Landfill.
Waste and Recycling Tonnages
The waste and recycling tonnages in Hurunui for the last three rating years and from July 2017 to the end of May 2018 are provided below.
|Transfer Station Recycling||288.866||388.92||434.42||424.93|
|Other Recycling (see below)||11.563||11.0125||14.463||55.509|
|Waste to Kate Valley||2832.92||3042.10||3556.42||3247.4|
Note: Other recycling - e.g. car batteries, children's car seats, clothing, e-waste, engine oil, paint etc.
The increase in waste is due to council accepting commercial waste at Amberley transfer station and increased volumes since the 2016 earthquake.