Hurunui District Council - Waste and Recycling
Hurunui District Council provides a range of waste and recycling services including rubbish and recycling kerbside collections, transfer stations, recycling banks and a schools recycling and waste minimisation education programme.
Further information on waste and recycling in Hurunui is available by using the quick links below.
- Household and Commercial Rubbish and Recycling Collection Days.
- Household and Commercial Recycling Collections - Guidelines.
- Household and Commercial Rubbish Collection - Guidelines.
- Rural Rubbish and Recycling Collections.
- Locations and Opening Times.
- Recycling outside of Transfer Station Opening Hours.
- Transfer Station Recycling.
- Green Waste Recycling.
- E-waste Recycling.
- What cannot be accepted as Waste or Recycling at the Transfer Stations?
- Transfer Station - Fees and Charges.
- Agricultural Recycling - Agrecovery.
- Agricultural Recycling - Plasback.
- Bokashi Composting - Council Discounted Offer.
- Schools and Community Recycling and Waste Minimisation Programme.
- Love Food Hate Waste NZ
- Waste Management and Minimisation Plan (2012).
- One Planet E-Book.
- Kate Valley Landfill.
Hurunui District Council - Waste and Recycling Tonnages
The recycling tonnages for the last three rating years are provided below.
|Transfer Station Recycling||256.168||288.866||388.92|
|Other Recycling (further details below)||28.0246||11.563||11.0125|
|Waste to Kate Valley||2169.56||2832.92||3042.10|
Note: Other recycling - includes car batteries, e-waste, engine oil, paint and containers collected via the Agrecovery recycling scheme (run at Culverden transfer station).
The increase in waste is due to the Council accepting commercial waste at Amberley transfer station.