EasyPay is the Councils' preferred payment option. With this option you are granting limited authority to the Council to debit your bank account on the due dates.
- Fortnightly payments - are made every second Friday
- Monthly payments are made on last day of each month
- Quarterly payments are made on the due date of the instalment
If the due date falls on a non-business day, the payment will be made on the evening of the next business day.
How to join Rates EasyPay
Complete a Rates EasyPay form:
- Download the EasyPay form and send the completed signed form to us; or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post you an Easypay form
When you join the Rates Easypay system you will receive a letter confirming your bank account details, commencement date and frequency of your payments.
Your rates instalment notice will inform you of the amounts and due dates for the payment of rates.
On direct debit payment days, the money you owe will be automatically paid out of your bank account. All transactions will show up on your regular bank account statement. The Council will amend the amounts debited from your account each year without further action on your part. You will be notified of all changes in advance.
Hurunui District Council bank account number is Westpac 03-0802-0946666-00.
To make changes to your direct debit
A direct debit can be altered by emailing email@example.com or if you wish to discuss options please contact Denise on 03 3140018
The most common reasons are:
- Change of bank account
When changing any bank account (even if just the suffix) details a new direct debit form needs to be completed, signed and sent to us for action. We need this form no later than 4 working days before the payment is due.
- Cancel a direct debit
Contact us no later than 4 working days before the payment is due.
- Stop one direct debit and transfer to a new property (buying and selling a property)
If the bank account details are the same as the existing direct debit we can transfer the direct debit to a new property, changing only the valuation number
- Add a new property to an existing direct debit
If the bank account details are the same as the existing direct debit we can add a new property to this.
- Change from monthly to quarterly of or vice versa
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning our Rates Officer on (03) 314 0108 and we can amend this for you.