The Council aims to provide a transport network that is safe and accessible for all people throughout the District by maintaining and improving:
- 601 km of sealed roads
- 853 km of unsealed roads
- 278 bridges
- 94,204 square metres of footpath
- 60 km of kerb and channel
- 885 streetlights
- 4622 traffic signs
- 43 km of culvert pipe.
To do this, we undertake a comprehensive programme of works which involves new and significant projects to ensure the continuous upkeep and improvement of these assets. We monitor and audit the entire network for safety and quality workmanship. If you have any concerns, we invite you to please contact us.
- Find out which roads are being resealed (interactive map)
- What's happening in your area this week
- Activity Management Plan (AMP)
- New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA)
- Road Safety Co-ordination Committee
- AA Roadwatch
- latest weather information
- Trip Advisor
A.A Transit Road Info Line - Ph 0900 33 222. This is not a free service. Calls cost $1.30/min.