Road Conditions within the Hurunui District
Temporary Road Closures:
(State Highway) SH7 will be closed between SH1 and Glenmark Drive to upgrade the rail crossing. The road closure will be in place from 4am Monday 26 and will remain closed until the work is completed by Thursday 29 June 2017.
Detour is in place through Waipara Township this will add a further 5 minutes to your expected travel time. signs are in place.
This is an NZTA run closure so updates for this will be on thier web site - https://onthemove.govt.nz/
Urgent road closure - Thursday 15 June 2017 6am to 6pm
This closure is required to undertake emergency repairs to the rail crossing.
Temporary road closure - Tekoa Road
Fractured rock removal.
This rock removal work is ongoing from and expected to continue for approx three to six weeks.
Due to the safety aspect of this work, Tekoa Road will be closed to all traffic 9am - 5pm daily.
This is slow and steady work so the exact time it will take to complete the job is difficult to determine,
This closure is expected to be in place for up to three weeks.
No detour is available.
- Inland road update Ph 0800 44 44 49 for details
- Hurunui District Council Facebook page
- AA road watch
- State Highway traffic reports
- NZTA - 08004highways - 0800 44 44 49
- Our Facebook page offers public feedback on all manner of issues including what's happening on our roads.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Phone 314-8816
- Facebook message us or Skype us at hdc_customer_services
- New Zealand Transport Agency has the latest information on highway closures.
- AA Roadwatch website or call the A.A Transit Road Info Line - Ph . This is not a free service. Calls cost $1.30/min.
- 0900 33 2220900 33 222
- Tips for driving on unsealed roads