What's happening this Month
We have a program of works, which includes new projects as well as routine maintenance and repairs, in order to keep our roads and footpaths in good shape for now and the future.
- Map of roads with scheduled maintenance
- Road Conditions
- Township Footpath review of overhanging vegetation
- Upcoming road repairs - Hanmer Springs
- Temporary closure of Hawkswood Road
- Township spraying
What's happening this Month:
We have a large program planned for October, value almost double of a ‘typical quiet month’
- Finishing off storm damaged roads, providing a smoother surface, especially in the northernmost areas of Hurunui District.
- The maintenance of unsealed roads is carried out on a fixed program. Grading Schedule
- New drainage to be formed alongside the southern gravel section of Leslie Hills Road as part of the flood damage response
2017/18 Metalling Program
- 2-3 crushing units preparing metal across 5 sites for stock piles.
- Metal being applied to some roads in the Kaiwara, Lower Mason, Cloudy Range, Scargill area, Medbury areas
- refer to the “interactive map for roads on this financial year’s metalling program.
- Pre-reseal repairs around Culverden and Hanmer.
- Check out our “interactive map” to see which roads are being resealed this season.
- Kerb repairs and replacement of short sections where needed
- Sealing starts in burst from end of October
Earthquake Response (EQ)
- Asphalt ramps over dropped bridge approaches, mostly on the eastern side of the network.
- Continuing deep investigations (digging material away from supporting structures) on EQ damaged bridges
Slips and Floods
- Continuing to clear culverts that were blocked by debris / mud from recent heavy downpours.
- Continuing to remove trees from near bridges, when we have appropriately sized diggers in the area
- River training for Medbury Road bridge at SH7 end
- River training for Tophouse Road, very badly damaged in recent storms
- Bridge abutment strengthening for Ferniehurst bridge (gabion baskets)
- Balmoral Station bridges x 2 will get running boards after deck repairs.
- Badly damaged sections of Top Pahau Road, School Road and Long Plantation Road will be reconstructed.
- There will be two stabilising mills working on our network for a few weeks late October and early November.
- Lots of culvert repairs and replacements planned.
- Mowing of roadsides will be completed shortly (started in September)
- Spraying of Noxious weeds on roadsides almost complete
- Routine sign cleaning and replacements
If you have any enquires relating to grading please contact Sicon directly on 03 3118080
We require all work carried out to be safe and of quality workmanship. If you have any concerns, please contact us.