What's happening this Month
We have a program of works, which includes new projects as well as routine maintenance and repairs, in order to keep our roads and footpaths in good shape for now and the future.
- Map of roads with scheduled maintenance
- Road Conditions
- Township Footpath review of overhanging vegetation
- Township spraying
- Proposed temporary road closures
- Grading Schedule
- Plan your Journey - SH1 between Christchurch and Picton
- Roadside spraying
What's happening this Month: May 2018
- The maintenance of unsealed roads is carried out on a fixed program. Grading Schedule
- The graders are working in the Parnassus and Lakes area
- Maintenance metalling is being carried out on Lake Sumner Road and Constitution Road
- Contractor owned stockpiles are also being established, with two crushing sites operating at a time.
- Approximately 40% of the annual program has been applied and will now be on hold until damper weather conditions return.
- Please refer to the “interactive map for roads included in this financial year. The map will be updated with more roads to be added, as only 50% of the program is currently identified.
- Storm damaged roads that require replacement metal are in a separate category than those identified above.
- Check out our “interactive map” to see which roads are being resealed this season.
- Sealing of patches (stabilisations etc.) is occurring at least once a week.
Preseal repairs are being carried out in Hanmer and on the Hanmer driveways
Earthquake Related Works (EQ)
- Small slips due to Gita on Ngaroma Road.
- A long list of culverts have been identified for replacement, being significantly cracked during the quakes. The culvert replacements will occur over a 3 month period, heading into winter. Currently working on Leader Road West and Stag and Spey Road
- Lyndon bridge (2) damaged hand rails. This bridge is scheduled for replacement and is at the design stage awaiting approval.
- Lots of culvert repairs and replacements underway.
- Routine sign cleaning and replacements.
If you have any enquires relating to grading please contact Sicon directly on 03 3118080
We require all work carried out to be safe and of quality workmanship. If you have any concerns, please contact us.