What's happening this Month
We have a program of works, which includes new projects as well as routine maintenance and repairs, in order to keep our roads and footpaths in good shape for now and the future.
State of play on Lake Sumner Road, the video shows the remaining fractured rock that will be further risk assessed before removal work. Full credit to Thomas from Sicon Ltd for shooting the drone footage. makes for interesting viewing.
What's happening this Month:
Graders working in following areas
- The maintenance of unsealed roads is carried out on a fixed program. Grading schedule - 2017
- Motunau Beach Road – tree felling is complete. Approx. 2/3 of the drainage work has been done, more to come.
- Ram Paddock Road – permanent repair to some springs that had appeared recently.
2017 Metalling Program
- Amberley area
- No more roads will be resurfaced this season. Resume in September / October.
- Pre-reseal repairs on Isolated Hill Road, Leslie Hills Road.
- Expect to see drainage works to remove ‘high shoulders’ that currently keep water on the road.
- Repairs (some temp) to bridge approaches. Foxdown Road and other roads in Scargill area to follow.
- Cloudy Range Road has 4 slips requiring attention in July
- Tekoa Road has had some extensive rock clearing work to reduce the likelihood of unstable rocks falling onto the road.
Slips and Floods
- Most clearing work post April events have been cleared. Happy Valley Road is yet to be done.
- Double Corner Road has been repaired.
- The new slips on Mt Cass Road will be addressed in July / August
If you have any enquires relating to grading please contact Sicon directly on 03 3118080
We require all work carried out to be safe and of quality workmanship. If you have any concerns, please contact us.