What's happening this Month
We have a program of works, which includes new projects as well as routine maintenance and repairs, in order to keep our roads and footpaths in good shape for now and the future.
State of play on Lake Sumner Road, the video shows the remaining fractured rock that will be further risk assessed before removal work.
Full credit to Thomas from Sicon Ltd for shooting the drone footage. makes for interesting viewing.
The 2016/17 township spraying program is underway.
What's happening this Month:
Graders working in following areas
- Amuri Ward
- The maintenance of unsealed roads is carried out on a fixed program
- Grading schedule - March April 2017
- Motunau Beach Road – tree felling along roadside, to reduce shading and ice on the road over winter
- Bulbous kerb crossing to be installed on Douglas Road, Amberley.
- Resuming l
2017 Metalling Program
- Resuming late May and June.
- No more roads will be resurfaced this season. Resume in September / October.
- Pre-reseal repairs continue throughout the winter. Expect to see drainage works to remove ‘high shoulders’ that currently keep water on the road.
- We are obtaining detailed drone footage and drawings for the high risk slip sites that may yet come down due to earthquake cracks becoming saturated over the winter. This information will allow us to estimate the risk of road closures and hopefully give us leverage to ask for funding support to be proactive with the removal of the high risk sites.
- Waiau roads are being repaired by our stabilising crew
- A programme of work for culvert replacement is being developed to occur over the winter months
Slips and Floods
- The recent downpours have created a lot of small slips, particularly on the Eastern side of the network. Many of these have already been cleared.
- A new slip on Double Corner Road has left the road further narrowed to one lane.
- New slips have appeared on Mt Cass Road. These are being investigated and priced for different options before repairing.
If you have any enquires relating to grading please contact Sicon directly on 03 3118080
Temporary Road Closures
We require all work carried out to be safe and of quality workmanship. If you have any concerns, please contact us.