What's happening this Month
We have a program of works, which includes new projects as well as routine maintenance and repairs, in order to keep our roads and footpaths in good shape for now and the future.
- Map of roads with scheduled maintenance
- Road Conditions
- Township Footpath review of overhanging vegetation
- Township spraying
- Proposed temporary road closures
- Grading Schedule
- Plan your Journey - SH1 between Christchurch and Picton
- Roadside spraying
- Forestry activity within the Hurunui District
What's happening this Month: October 2018
- The maintenance of unsealed roads is carried out on a fixed program. Grading Schedule
- The graders are working in Rotherham & Amberley areas.
- Motunau Beach Road - Pre-reseal preparation
- The Parade /The Beach areas - Pre-reseal preparation
- Leader Roads - East & West - Pre-reseal preparation
- Balmoral Station Road - Pre-reseal preparation
- Waipara River
- Waiau Inland Quarry
- Contractor owned stockpiles are also being established, with two crushing sites operating at a time.
- Please refer to the “interactive map for roads included in this financial year. The map will be updated with more roads to be added, as only 50% of the program is currently identified.
Pre-Reseal & Resealing Program
- Check out our “interactive map” to see which roads are being resealed this season.
- Sealing of patches (stabilisations etc.) is occurring at least once a week.
- Lyndon bridge (2) damaged hand rails. This bridge is scheduled for replacement and is at the design stage awaiting approval.
Roadside Vegetation Control
- Routine spraying, which includes discharge of herbicides onto land and into water adjacent to rural roads in the Hurunui District will commence Monday 24 September 2018, and is expected to be completed by Friday 22 March 2019. This work will include spraying around sign posts, marker pegs, guardrails, and culverts.
- Please refer any inquiries to grounds & Services Ltd on 03 349 0634
- Routine sign cleaning and replacements.
If you have any enquires relating to grading please contact Sicon directly on 03 3118080
We require all work carried out to be safe and of quality workmanship. If you have any concerns, please contact us.