What's happening this Month
We have a program of works, which includes new projects as well as routine maintenance and repairs, in order to keep our roads and footpaths and water services in good shape for now and the future.
April / May 2019
This interactive road maintenance map is updated with planned maintenance work. Follow the link, and type in your address, this will bring up any work planned for your road.
If your contact details are lodged with council, you will be notified of planned & unplanned work on your road as soon as we have the information.
Report an issue using your smartphone - Snap, Send, Solve
Keep up to date with Hurunui District Council News - facebook
- The maintenance of unsealed roads is carried out on a fixed program. Grading Schedule
- The graders are working in Cheviot and Hawarden areas.
Clarence Valley Road will be closed from Wed 8 May for approx four weeks for major slip repairs
The full length of Clarence Valley Road, Hanmer Springs, will be closed from Wednesday 8th May 2019 for major repairs. Safety of our road crews and the travelling public is our number 1 priority, as the areas where work sites are located are quite narrow, we cannot leave the road open to safely undertake repairs.
- Amberley Balcairn Road - stabilisation
- Amberley Balcairn Road - Big Mill Overlay
- Glenmark Drive - Reseal Repairs & stabilisation
- Amberley Balcairn Road - install new culvert
- Chaffeys Road - Sight improvement bank benching
- Allandale Road - Drainage and upsizing culverts
- Jacks Pass Road - AC paving
- Reserve Road
- Jacks Pass Road
- Please refer to the “interactive map for roads included in this financial year. The map will be updated with more roads to be added, as only 50% of the program is currently identified.
- Lyndon bridge (2) damaged hand rails. This bridge is scheduled for replacement and is at the design stage awaiting approval.
Roadside Vegetation Control
- Routine spraying, which includes discharge of herbicides onto land and into water adjacent to rural roads in the Hurunui District will commence Monday 24 September 2018, and is expected to be completed by Friday 22 March 2019. This work will include spraying around sign posts, marker pegs, guardrails, and culverts.
- Two mowers completing a second full network mow
- Please refer any inquiries to Grounds & Services Ltd on 03 349 0634
If you have any enquires relating to grading please contact Sicon directly on 03 3118080
We require all work carried out to be safe and of quality workmanship. If you have any concerns, please contact us.