Enterprise North Canterbury
Enterprise North Canterbury (ENC) was established by the Waimakariri and Hurunui District Councils in 2002 to promote economic development in North Canterbury and works alongside businesses to develop an innovative and prosperous region.
Enterprise North Canterbury (ENC) provides comprehensive support to businesses at every stage, from those who have a start-up business idea to those seeking to expand. Much of what they offer is free, whether it be one-on-one interviews with their business support team to help you identify what you need to do, the many free resources available through their website, or links to other organisations in New Zealand and worldwide that can assist you.
ENC’s aim is to inspire, retain and attract individuals, business and social enterprises to invest in our District. It is ENC’s role to promote the region as a business destination.
For those looking to invest in the Hurunui, ENC provide up-to-date economic information about the region on their website and on-request industry relevant information to assist with business and investment decision making. ENC works closely with HDC in order to help businesses get the right advice on consents and council requirements.
- Space for hire in the ENC Business Centre in Kaiapoi, or free drop-in space you can use (with free high-speed wifi).
- Free capability assessments that look at every aspect of your business and connect you to appropriate support
- Training courses provided by experts in various business topics
- The free Talk with the Experts series
- Funding for business training or coaching through New Zealand Trade and Enterprise
- Funding for research and development projects through Callaghan Innovation
- Free business networking events
- Lots of resource for people wanting to start a new business
- The North Canterbury Business Awards (held every two years)