Hurunui Youth Council Application 2022
Who can apply?
- Youth who live in the Hurunui District (we welcome applications from young people who work or attend schooling out of the District)
- Youth who are 15 years old by 1st July 2022
Applications close 5pm, 21 November 2021.
- Attending multiple camps throughout the year that are full of fun, new learning and team building events
- Personal development trainings to develop your leadership
- Exclusive social events for Hurunui Youth Council members only
- Create long lasting friendships with like minded youth from across the District
- Free dinners and yum snacks!
- Be given opportunities to attend conferences around the country e.g. Festival of the Future
- Be part of a hardworking and passionate team
- Gain great experience to add to your CV
- Create your own legacy of the positive changes you can bring to the District
- Be recognised as a strong leader in your community
- Attend the four day Leadership Camp in Christchurch on 24th-27th January 2022
- Attend every bi-monthly formal Youth Council meeting
- Attend bi-monthly social events and personal development courses designed for members of the Hurunui Youth Council
- Attend your local ward committee meetings representing the Hurunui Youth Council
- Support the planning and organisation of fun and exciting youth events in the Hurunui District
- Advocate for youth on issues and topics that affect our young people in the Hurunui District
- Create change and positive outcomes for youth through working on your chosen portfolio
- To be approachable, friendly, motivated, and dedicated to your role.
HYC is a great leadership opportunity to provide youth voice, advocate for young people in our district and be involved in our communities.