Friends and Volunteers
Everyone needs friends!
Organisations and institutions as well as people need assistance and support to help them grow and flourish!
It is the solid support of volunteers, local community groups, organisations and businesses that makes the Hurunui Public Libraries proud to provide such an important service to the Hurunui District.
How do Friends enrich the library?
- by supporting one of our community's greatest assets - its libraries
- by supporting the freedom to read and access to information for all
- by focusing public attention and broadening community awareness and use of library services and resources
- by assisting in the provision of extended and improved library resources and services
- by assisting in maintaining the Hurunui District Libraries as a free public library service
Friends of the Hurunui District Libraries Inc have two types of members - current library volunteers and supporting members. Membership for current library volunteers is free and supporting members give us a donation each year. Please indicate if you wish to be active in the Friends organisation.
- Current Library Volunteers: those who currently work as volunteers in the libraries in the district. If you are interested in doing this please approach your local library.
- Supporting Members: those not active as volunteers in local libraries. These members pay an annual donation towards the work of the Friends. Supporting members may also be families, groups, organisations or businesses.
Active members of the Friends will be involved in helping with fundraising, membership drives and other activities.
Friends of the Hurunui District Libraries Inc
PO Box 13
Would you like to volunteer at your local library?
We welcome volunteers, they play an important role in the delivery of library services to the Hurunui district.
Expressions of interest in volunteer positions should be made to the Hurunui Memorial Library in Amberley. Phone us on 314-8980 or email us.
A number of the libraries in the Hurunui have a volunteers' committee and your details will be passed onto them.
Due to the nature of the work involved volunteers need to be fit and active and a police vetting form must be completed.
The final decision on acceptance as a volunteer rests with the Libraries Manager.