General Information on Fees & Charges
- All fees and charges are inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST), except for pensioner housing rentals, government building levies and bonds for hall hire which have no GST component.
- A 10% penalty will be applied to late payments except where penalties are explicitly stated.
- Where hourly rates are applicable an invoice will be generated and will be due for payment either on the 20th day of the month following the date of invoice or in the instance of building consents, before the building consent is released.
- Set fees and deposits are to be paid at the time the application is made otherwise the application will not be accepted.
- Application fees are non-refundable unless stated otherwise.
- Where a deposit is paid and it exceeds the total cost of the services the balance shall be refunded.
- If services external to the Council are engaged as part of processing an application, in particular expert professional services, the actual cost of these services will be on-charged to the applicant.
- Any other services provided by the Council not detailed in this schedule of fees and charges will be charged at a rate consistent with the hourly rate normally charged for the Council officer providing the service plus travel and disbursements. If no hourly rate is provided for, it will be at the discretion of the Council’s Chief Operations Officer.
- Where ‘actual cost’ is shown in the fee column, the GST inclusive amount that the goods and/or services cost the Council will be on-charged to the applicant.
- Mileage will be charged at the applicable IRD rate per kilometre.
- In addition to the charges show in this document, some services also attract a Development Contribution and/or additional rates. These will be charged separately where applicable. Please ask if you are uncertain about any additional costs.
- Footnotes in each table are appended to the table to which they refer.