Warmer Kiwi Homes: Grants for Insulation and Heaters Available
The Government is offering Warmer Kiwi Homes grants to make Kiwi homes warmer and healthier.
Grants cover 90% of the cost of:
- ceiling and underfloor insulation
- an efficient heater in the main living area
Grants for heaters are capped at $3,000
You may be eligible if you own your own home and:
- have a Community Services Card
- live in a lower-income area
- your home was built before 2008
What happens next?
- Visit warmerkiwihomes.govt.nz or free phone 0800 749 782 to find out if you are eligible and for more information.
- A service provider will visit your home to check whether you need insulation and a heater.
- If everything is approved, arrange a day and time to have insulation or a heater installed.