Community Services Awards
Previous Recipients of the Hurunui District Council Community Service Awards for exceptional community service. If you know someone who meets the requirements please nominate them.
Nominations are closed for 2019
- A long period of exceptional service by resident of the district
- Community service for which there has been no direct financial reward
- Joint awards, e.g. Husband and wife are acceptable
Nominations will remain confidential until selection by the Councillors and recipients have agreed to accept their awards.
Dates for 2019
For projects that take place between 10 October 2019 and 20 October 2020
|Open Monday 5 March|
Close Monday 30 April
|Recommendations made to the Public Services Committee meeting on Thursday 14 June||Late June/early July|
The awards will be presented during a Council meeting following:
- A maximum of one award is promoted from each council ward per year.
- Ward Committees, the Community Board and Councillors to select nominees from their area and the Councillor(s) to approach the highest ranking nominee and seek their approval to accept the award.
- Full Council approve the final nominees.
Please send completed forms to:
Hurunui District Council
PO Box 13