Mayor & councillors
Ngā kawenga a te koromatua
The Hurunui District has a mayor, elected by residents from across the District.
What the mayor does
The mayor leads our governing body.
The mayor’s responsibilities include:
- promoting a vision for the Hurunui
- providing leadership to achieve the vision
- leading the development of council plans, policies and budgets
- ensuring effective engagement between the Hurunui District Council and the community.
The mayor also appoints the deputy mayor, establishes the committees of the governing body and appoints the committee chairs.
The mayor's office
Our legislation empowers the mayor to employ staff for the purpose of meeting these extended responsibilities.
The mayor's office:
- includes planning, policy and consultation roles
- deals with day-to-day communication and correspondence
- manages the mayor’s diary and media relations.
Mayor - Winton Dalley
Ph: 03 314 8816 | email: email@example.com
Address: PO Box 13, Amberley 7410
Invite the mayor to an event
If you would like to invite the mayor to an event, you can email here.
In your invitation please describe the event, including:
- event name
- event date
- event time
- event location
- an idea of who will be attending
- the duration of the event
- the desired duration of the mayor’s attendance
- whether you would like the mayor to give a speech. If so what you would like him to talk about and how long you would like the speech to be (three to five minutes is the average length of a speech)
The mayor’s diary manager will check his availability. If the mayor is not available, the mayor’s office may suggest that the invitation be extended to another Council elected representative.
Deputy Mayor - Marie Black (Amuri-Hurunui Ward)
Ph: 03 314 4142 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: 021 206 8185
Councillor Julia McLean (Amberley Ward)
Ph: 03 261 5173 | email: email@example.com
Mobile: 027 276 5791
Councillor Geoff Shier (Amberley Ward)
Ph: 03 314 7141 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: 027 452 0534
Councillor Michael Ward (Amberley Ward)
Ph: 03 314 9905 | email: email@example.com
Mobile: 027 225 5068
Councillor Nicky Anderson (Amuri-Hurunui Ward)
Ph: 03 315 6330 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: 027 531 5997
Councillor Dick Davison (Amuri-Hurunui Ward)
Ph: 03 315 8015 | email: email@example.com
Mobile: 021 900 258
Councillor Vince Daly (Cheviot Ward)
Ph: 03 319 8773 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: 027 688 8644
Councillor Fiona Harris (Glenmark Ward)
Ph: 03 314 6003 | email: email@example.com
Mobile: 027 695 1214
Councillor Jason Fletcher (Hanmer Springs Ward)
Ph: 03 315 7336 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: 027 274 7321