Plan Change 5 - Hanmer Springs design standards
|CURRENTLY OPEN FOR FURTHER SUBMISSIONS. Scroll down for more information.|
Plan change 5 ('PC5') is a Council initiated plan change to the Hurunui District Plan.
PC5 is a review of the design standards applied to buildings within Hanmer Springs Township and the Hanmer Basin Management Area. Design standards have been applied in some form since 1989. The design standards applied to maintain the alpine character of the Township and the landscape character and amenity values of the Hanmer Basin Management Area.
PC5 seeks to ensure the design standards are as efficient and effective as possible, so they balance maintaining the identified character of Hanmer Springs and the Basin Management Area, while better enabling the built environment.
You can view the proposed changes by using our District ePlan or reading the notification documents below. A hard copy will also be made available at the Hanmer Springs Library, 49 Amuri Avenue, Hanmer Springs.
Help for using the District ePlan can be found here.
Submissions on proposed plan change 5 closed on Monday 5 April 2021.
Further submissions are now invited on the submissions received. All submissions received can be viewed below. A further submission can only be made in support of, or opposition to, a relevant original submission. It provides an opportunity for you to assess how any original submission may affect you, and to have your views considered. You do not need to have made an original submission to be able to make a further submission, but under Clause 8 of the First Schedule to the Resource Management Act 1991 only the following persons may make a further submission:
- Any person representing a relevant aspect of the public interest; or
- Any person that has an interest in the proposed plan change greater than the interest that the general public has; and
- A local authority itself.
Submissions can be made by filling in the submission form here and sending a written or electronic copy to Hurunui District Council by:
- Delivery to 66 Carters Road, Amberley
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post to PO Box 13, Amberley 7441
Alternatively you can make submissions via an electronic form below.
Further submissions close 5pm Friday 30 April 2021
Note you must also serve a copy of your further submission on the person who made the original submission to which your further submission relates, within five working days of making the further submission to Hurunui District Council.
What happens next?
The process for public participation in the consideration of the proposal under the Resource Management Act 1991 is as follows:
- After the closing date for submission, Hurunui District Council will summarise all submissions. This summary will be published here, and a further submission process will take place.
- Further submissions can be made in support of, or in opposition to, the submissions already made.
- All submissions and further submissions will then be considered, and a hearing held for anyone wishing to speak in support of their submission.
- Hurunui District Council must give its decision on the provisions and matters raised in submissions (including its reasons for accepting or rejecting submissions) and give public notice of its decision within 2 years of notifying the proposal and inform every person who made a submission at the same time.
- Any submitter has a right to appeal the decision to the Environment Court.
Please contact Nicola Kirby on 03 314 0058 or email@example.com