Some quick links to keep you entertained while at home:
- #OperationStorytime If you type this in to facebook search, it will bring up a collection of online storytimes from authors which your child can choose from.
- TeReoMaoriSingalong Everyday a new book, video, song and activity. Learn Te Reo with your tamariki.
- Storytimefromspace Books read to your child by astronauts in space.
- DavidWalliams free audiostory from David Walliams everyday.
- The Great Indoors Scouts with help of Bear Grylls pulled together some inspired indoor activity ideas. Keep your kids learning new skills and having fun (and avoid hearing ‘I’m bored’ every 30 seconds) all in #TheGreatIndoors.
- Also check out the virtual tours of the world's best museums and art galleries: The Louvre, The National Gallery of Art, The British Museum, The Smithsonian, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's, The Vatican Museums. Google search other institutions as there are plenty more to check out. Google search "museum, virtual tours" and immerse yourself!
- Webcams at Simothsonian's National Zoo for animal watching
- NASA fun learning activities for children. STEM based.
- Join The Crikey Club If you’ve got an animal lover in your life, we recommend signing them up. This fun online club run by the Irwin's and Australian Zoo is a fun way to learn about conservation, with virtual zoo tours, activities and education all in one.
- MyHogwarts is an interactive Harry Potter forum where members attend Hogwarts in an all inclusive experience! Get through King's Cross, buy your supplies, gain an education in all your favourite subjects, then go on to become an auror, journalist, or maybe even a goblin.
Where will your journey lead you?
- Interland Interland is an adventure-packed online game that puts the key lessons of digital citizenship and safety into hands-on practice. Play your way to being Internet Awesome.
Imagine the best stories being read aloud to you by our favourite storytellers – well that's Story Box Library!We get kids excited about reading, inspire their imaginations and let them have fun with stories, improving their language and literacy skills along the way.With an ever-growing library, suitable for preschool and primary aged children, it really is Storytime, Anytime! Sign in with your library card details by clicking on the logo
Colouring In Resources
Click on the links below to download and print some colouring in pages. Grab your colouring in pens, pencils and crayons for some New Zealand themed fun!
Why not check out KANOPY KIDS which is part of our online streaming service Kanopy? Go to Kanopy
Here you have unlimited access so your kids are free to explore enriching, educational and entertaining content.
All you need is your Library Card and PIN
If you are not a member you can also join on-line: online membership form here
Please contact us if you have any inquiries or need your Pin reset at email@example.com or phone 033 314 8980.