Public Place Recycling Bins
To make recycling easy, recycling bins are provided at convenient locations around Hurunui.
These are not able to accept commercial volumes of recycling due to limited space, please ensure commercial recycling is delivered to the transfer stations during opening hours.
- Amberley transfer station - 52 Grays Road
- Hanmer Springs - by the library
- Hanmer Springs - outside the transfer station
- Hanmer Springs - Chisholm Crescent - by the public toilets
- Culverden - outside the transfer station - for non-commercial glass bottles only
- Culverden - outside the public toilets - for non-commercial glass bottles only
- Cheviot - outside the transfer station - for non-commercial glass bottles only
- Waiau - outside the transfer station - for non-commercial glass bottles only
The following can be recycled via these bins, remove and dispose of lids before arrival.
- Newspapers, magazines and telephone directories
- Cardboard, greetings cards, egg boxes and trays
- Office waste paper, wrapping (glitter free) paper and envelopes
- Food, drink and pet food cans
- Clean plastic bottles and containers numbered 1 - i.e. soft drink bottles (no lids)
- Clean plastics bottles and containers numbered 2 - i.e. milk bottles (no lids)
- Clean plastic bottles and containers numbered 5 - i.e. yoghurt and ice cream containers (no lids)
- Glass bottles and jars (no lids)
Please do not leave rubbish or recycling around these bins.
Soft plastics are NOT accepted for recycling through the recycling bins. If soft plastics are placed in the recycling bins, they will contaminate the other recycling.