PC3 to the Hurunui District Plan - Morford Estate, Hanmer Springs
A private plan change request has been requested by Morford Properties Limited and accepted by Council.
The plan change request seeks to rezone approximately 12.97 ha of rural zoned land at 88 Argelins Road to Residential 1H and extend the Hanmer Springs Settlement boundary in the Hurunui District Plan, to include the site.
The plan change proposes
- Up to 90 residential lots comprising of mostly 500 m2 average lot sizes, with average 1000 m2 lot sizes along the western boundary of the site.
- A preschool for up to 100 children.
- A retirement village with up to 8 townhouses, 22 villas, 20 serviced apartments and 20 care beds.
- An open space area in the fault avoidance zone.
Future development will be guided by an Outline Development Plan provided as part of the application.
The full application including all appendices can be viewed below. These documents are also available to view at the Hanmer Springs Community Library & Service Centre and the Council office in Amberley.
What do you think?
Anyone is welcome to make a submission on the proposal. Submissions can be made by:
Submit using the Hurunui District Plan ePlan. This shows the proposed amendments in the District Plan.
A 'how to guide' to the ePlan can be found here.
PLEASE NOTE: we have a couple of technical issues so this isn't working properly at the minute. We'll have it up working as soon as possible.
Make a submission using the online form.
Email & post
Email to email@example.com, or post to Hurunui District Council, Morford Estate Plan Change, PO Box 13, Amberley, 7441.
Please use the supplied submission form below.
Submissions close 5pm Monday 14 October 2019
- The submissions will be summarised and published.
- This will start the further submissions process. This is where submitters can support or oppose submissions made by other parties.
- Consideration of all submissions and further submissions, including a hearing for anyone wishing to speak in support of their submissions.
- The Hearing Panel will make a recommendation to Council, who make the final decision on whether to adopt the plan change or not.
- All submitters have the right to appeal the decision to the Environment Court.
If you have any questions or further feedback, please email or phone Kelsey Ashworth - firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 314 0048.