PC3 to the Hurunui District Plan - Morford Estate, Hanmer Springs
|This plan change is operative as of 3 September 2020. Please refer to the Hurunui District Plan.|
The Hearing Panel's report and recommendations to the Council can be read here.
This decision will be notified on 8 July 2020 in the Hanmer Springs Village News ('the Pinkie') and on 9 July 2020 in the North Canterbury News and emailed directly to submitters. This will start the appeal period. Only persons who made submissions are able to appeal the decision. Appeals are made to the Environment Court. If no appeals are received by 20 August 2020 Plan Change 3 to the Hurunui District Plan will be made operative on 3 September 2020 by notification in the North Canterbury News.
The plan change
A private plan change has been requested by Morford Properties Limited and accepted by Council.
The plan change request seeks to rezone approximately 12.97 ha of rural zoned land at 88 Argelins Road to Residential 1H and extend the Hanmer Springs Settlement boundary in the Hurunui District Plan, to include the site.
The plan change proposes
- Up to 90 residential lots comprising of mostly 500 m2 average lot sizes, with average 1000 m2 lot sizes along the western boundary of the site.
- A preschool for up to 100 children.
- A retirement village with up to 8 townhouses, 22 villas, 20 serviced apartments and 20 care beds.
- An open space area in the fault avoidance zone.
Future development will be guided by an Outline Development Plan provided as part of the application.
The full application including all appendices can be viewed below. These documents are also available to view at the Hanmer Springs Community Library & Service Centre and the Council office in Amberley.
A summary of decisions requested by all submitters can be viewed here. No further submissions were received.
- Submitters then have the right to appeal the decision at the Environment Court until 20 August 2020.
- If no appeals are received, Plan Change 2 to the Hurunui District Plan will be made operative on 3 September 2020 by notification in the North Canterbury News.
- If appeals are received this will start a process of Environment Court mediation and hearings.
If you have any questions or further feedback, please email or phone Kelsey Ashworth - firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 314 0048.