PC3 to the Hurunui District Plan - Morford Estate, Hanmer Springs
Open for further submissions until from 1 November until 5pm Thursday 14 November 2019
A private plan change request has been requested by Morford Properties Limited and accepted by Council.
The plan change request seeks to rezone approximately 12.97 ha of rural zoned land at 88 Argelins Road to Residential 1H and extend the Hanmer Springs Settlement boundary in the Hurunui District Plan, to include the site.
The plan change proposes
- Up to 90 residential lots comprising of mostly 500 m2 average lot sizes, with average 1000 m2 lot sizes along the western boundary of the site.
- A preschool for up to 100 children.
- A retirement village with up to 8 townhouses, 22 villas, 20 serviced apartments and 20 care beds.
- An open space area in the fault avoidance zone.
Future development will be guided by an Outline Development Plan provided as part of the application.
The full application including all appendices can be viewed below. These documents are also available to view at the Hanmer Springs Community Library & Service Centre and the Council office in Amberley.
Submissions on proposed Plan Change 3 – Morford Estate closed on Monday 14th October.
Further submissions are now invited on the submissions received. All submissions received can be viewed below. A further submission can only be made in support of, or opposition to, a relevant original submission. It provides an opportunity for you to assess how any original submissions may affect you, and to have your views considered. You do not have to have made an original submission to be able to make a further submission, but under Clause 8 of the First Schedule to the Resource Management Act 1991 only the following persons may make a further submission:
- Any person representing a relevant aspect of the public interest; and
- Any person that has an interest in the proposed plan change greater than the interest that the general public has; and
- A local authority itself.
A copy of the further submission must be served on the person who made the original submission to which the further submission relates, within five working days of making the further submission to Hurunui District Council.
A summary of decisions requested by all submitters can be viewed here.
What do you think?
Read the summary of decisions requested by the submitter and all submissions received above.
Submissions can be made by:
Make a submission using the online form.
Email & post
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to Hurunui District Council, Morford Estate Plan Change, PO Box 13, Amberley, 7441.
Please use the supplied submission form here. Please make sure you save the form before filling it in.
Further submissions close 5pm Thursday 14 November 2019
- The further submission process closes 5pm on 14th November.
- Council will write an Officers report, in accordance with s42A of the Resource Management Act. The Officers report will consider the application and all submissions and further submissions and provide recommendations to the Hearing Panel.
- Council will provide the applicant and submitters with the Officers report at least 15 working days before the hearing.
- A hearing will take place where submitters who have indicated they wish to speak can attend and speak to their submission. The Council and the applicant will also have an opportunity to speak.
- The Hearing Panel will make a recommendation to Council on the Plan Change and Council will make the final decision on whether to adopt the plan change or not.
- All submitters have the right to appeal the decision to the Environment Court.
If you have any questions or further feedback, please email or phone Kelsey Ashworth - email@example.com or 03 314 0048.