PC3 to the Hurunui District Plan - Morford Estate, Hanmer Springs
A hearing was held on 20 March 2020. The Hearing Commissioners have not yet reported back on their final decision.
The plan change
A private plan change has been requested by Morford Properties Limited and accepted by Council.
The plan change request seeks to rezone approximately 12.97 ha of rural zoned land at 88 Argelins Road to Residential 1H and extend the Hanmer Springs Settlement boundary in the Hurunui District Plan, to include the site.
The plan change proposes
- Up to 90 residential lots comprising of mostly 500 m2 average lot sizes, with average 1000 m2 lot sizes along the western boundary of the site.
- A preschool for up to 100 children.
- A retirement village with up to 8 townhouses, 22 villas, 20 serviced apartments and 20 care beds.
- An open space area in the fault avoidance zone.
Future development will be guided by an Outline Development Plan provided as part of the application.
The full application including all appendices can be viewed below. These documents are also available to view at the Hanmer Springs Community Library & Service Centre and the Council office in Amberley.
A summary of decisions requested by all submitters can be viewed here. No further submissions were received.
- The further submission period has closed. Council is preparing an Officers Report. This will be circulated to all submitters prior to the hearing.
- Council will provide the applicant and submitters with the Officers report at least 15 working days before the hearing.
- A hearing will be held in early 2020. All submitters who indicated they wish to be heard will be notified of the details of this.
- The Hearing Panel will make a recommendation to Council on the Plan Change and Council will make the final decision on whether to adopt the plan change or not.
- All submitters have the right to appeal the decision to the Environment Court.
If you have any questions or further feedback, please email or phone Kelsey Ashworth - firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 314 0048.