PC2 to the Hurunui District Plan - Mt Lyford
A hearing was held on 13 March 2020. On 25 June 2020 the Council adopted the recommendations from the Hearing Commissioner.
The Hearing Commissioner's report and recommendations to the Council can be read here.
This decision will be notified on 2 July 2020 in the North Canterbury News and emailed directly to submitters. This will start the appeal period. Only persons who made submissions are able to appeal the decision. Appeals are made to the Environment Court. If no appeals are received by 14 August 2020 Plan Change 2 to the Hurunui District Plan will be made operative on 27 August 2020 by notification in the North Canterbury News.
Plan Change 2
This plan change proposes to introduce a slope assessment area, update the fault line data and increase the variety of dwellings that can be built within the Mt Lyford Village.
For a summary of the proposed changes click here.
Minute on behalf of the Hearing Commissioners can be read here.
The summary of decisions requested by submitters is available. The further submission period closed on 12 December 2019 at 5pm.
The further submission process provides you with an opportunity to assess how any matters raised in submissions may affect you. Further submission can express support or opposition to a matter raised in an original submission but they must not raise any new points.
The following persons may make a further submission (in accordance with Clause 8 of Schedule 1 to the Resource Management Act 1991):
- Any person representing a relevant aspect of the public interest; and
- Any person that has an interest in the proposed plan change greater than the interest that the general public has; and
- A local authority itself.
- Submitters then have the right to appeal the decision at the Environment Court until 14 August 2020.
- If no appeals are received, Plan Change 2 to the Hurunui District Plan will be made operative on 27 August 2020 by notification in the North Canterbury News.
- If appeals are received this will start a process of Environment mediation and hearings.
If you have any questions please contact Monique Eade on firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 03 314 0095.