District Plan PC4 - Intensive primary production & effluent disposal
|A hearing will be held Wednesday 17 February 2021 at the Hurunui District Council Chambers.|
All hearing details will be added below.
Plan change 4 ('PC4') is a Council initiated plan change to the Hurunui District Plan.
PC4 relates to managing intensive primary production activities (e.g. intensive poultry and pig farms) and effluent activities as well as the relationship between these activities and sensitive activities (e.g. residential activities, visitor accommodation, community services, healthcare).
You can view the proposed provisions by using our District ePlan or in section 5.2 of the section 32 evaluation report linked below.
The submission and further submission processes have closed. All submissions and further submissions can be viewed below.
- Council will write an Officer’s report, in accordance with s42A of the Resource Management Act. The Officer’s report will consider all submissions and further submissions and provide recommendations to the Commissioner.
- Council will provide submitters who wish to be heard with the Officer’s report by 2 February 2021.
- A hearing will take place on 17 February 2021 where submitters who have indicated they wish to speak can attend and speak to their submission. The Council will also have an opportunity to speak.
- The commissioner will make a recommendation to Council on the Plan Change and Council will make the final decision.
- All submitters have the right to appeal the decision to the Environment Court.
If you have any questions, please email or phone Kelsey Bewley - firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 314 0048.