What you need to know if you are working on our road
Council roads are the area from the property boundary on one side of the road to the property boundary on the other side of the road. This includes the berm (grass verge), footpath and carriageway (Road).
There are several factors to consider if you are intending to work within this area:
- Whats under the ground - BeforeUDig
- CAR - Corridor Access Request - CAR applications are lodged as a part of the Before-u-dig process
- District Plan - Chapter 8 – Transportation
- TMPs - Traffic Management Plans will be required as part of a CAR application these plans must in all instances comply with the NZ COPTm standard and may only be prepared by a current STMS - Site Traffic Management Supervisor. TMP application
- Generic TMP Road Space Booking (RSB) application - HDC requires that a road space booking be submitted when you are intending to utilise the approved GTMP. This RSB must be submitted at least Five (5) working days prior to the planned work commencing. Road Space Booking Map
- WAP - Work Access Permit - Upon acceptance of the CAR application a WAP will be produced. No work may proceed in, on or under council roads without an approved WAP.
- Licence to Occupy Road Reserve - if you wish to place anything into or on a council road reserve you will need to apply for a Licence to Occupy.