Running an Event
Working together to help with the running of an event
The Council needs to balance its support for community events with the interests of public safety and maintaining amenity. Sometimes you need to get special permission from the Council to hold events and there may be costs involved.
We need to know if your event will:
- affect vehicle or pedestrian traffic
- increase traffic to a specific area
- require a road or footpath closure
- require signage next to a road
- have a stage or marquee
- have amplified sound
- be open to the public
- offer food or alcohol (Food vendor exemption form)
- be held on Council land (we will need to know at least six weeks beforehand to make sure it doesn't clash with any other event).
You will need to provide us with detailed information by completing an Event Application Form.
If your event also includes amusement devices or you are operating amusement devices at an event in the district please apply for a permit
Please refer to our brochure for further information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.