Rates are set annually in order to fund the net cost of running the district. The rate requirement is determined by the Hurunui Long Term Plan (or the Annual Plan) as part of the budgeting process and is then assessed on each property.
Rates must be paid by the due date. We offer a range of payment options and are always willing to discuss the needs of our customers.
If you have any queries please contact our office:
- Rates administration - 03 3148816
- Rates Officer Denise Sutherland
- or email email@example.com.
Hurunui District Council bank account number is 03-0802-0946666-00.
Rates can now be paid through our website portal using Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
Credit cards are also able to be used across the counter at our Amberley offices as well as the Amberley Library and the Cheviot, Amuri and Hanmer Springs Library & Service Centres. Please note that there is a 2% ($1 minimum bank fee) for counter credit card transactions.
Check Rating Information Names and address can not be shown on the website due to legal restrictions on downloading information.
- Rates Paid by the Council Policy (PDF, 10.7KB)
- Rates Penalties Policy (PDF, 16.8KB)
- Rates Postponement Policy (PDF, 13.6KB)
- Rates Remission for Earthquake Damaged Properties Policy (PDF, 139.7KB)
- Rates Remissions Policy (PDF, 189KB)