Rubbish & Recycling
Refuse and Recycling Collection Days - non holiday weeks
Council provides a weekly rubbish and recycling kerbside collection service on the following days (non-holiday weeks).
|Monday||Hanmer Springs, Gore Bay and Mt Lyford|
|Tuesday||Amberley, Amberley Beach, Leithfield and Leithfield Beach|
|Wednesday||Cheviot, Greta Valley, Omihi, Motunau Beach, Scargill and Waipara|
|Thursday||Culverden, Rotherham, Waiau, Hawarden and Waikari|
It is more important than ever, that recycling is clean and not contaminated, as Council is storing recycling until the processing plant in Christchurch reopens. Please help by remembering the following.
- Always wash and dry recycling thoroughly to protect your household and our frontline staff.
- Via the recycling bags, it is possible to recycle paper, cardboard, plastic bottles (no lids), food and drink cans only.
- Soft plastics and shopping bags are not accepted for recycling. Place these in your refuse bag.
- Food, clothing, garden waste, plastic strapping, polystyrene are NOT recyclable. Bags will be stickered and left if they contain these.
- If in doubt – place it in the rubbish.
Hurunui Council refuse and recycling bags are available at outlets across Hurunui and cost $3.00 per refuse bag and 50 cents per recycling bag. The cost of the rubbish and recycling bag covers collection, processing and disposal.
Where to buy Council Bags
Official Hurunui Council refuse and recycling bags are sold though council and retail outlets in Hurunui.
Collections - Rubbish
Rubbish collections - what to remember when using the councils weekly rubbish collection service.
Collections - Rural
Find out how rural residents in Hurunui can use the councils refuse and recycling collection service.
Easter Collection Arrangements
Easter rubbish and recycling collection arrangements.
Find out what happens to recycling, where to purchase a discounted composting kit and the range of schemes available.
What can be recycled in Hurunui?
Hurunui is able to accept a range of materials for recycling.