Rubbish & Recycling
Refuse and Recycling Collection Days - non holiday weeks
Council provides a weekly rubbish and recycling kerbside collection service on the following days (non-holiday weeks).
|Monday||Hanmer Springs, Gore Bay and Mt Lyford|
|Tuesday||Amberley, Amberley Beach, Leithfield and Leithfield Beach|
|Wednesday||Cheviot, Greta Valley, Omihi, Motunau Beach, Scargill and Waipara|
|Thursday||Culverden, Rotherham, Waiau, Hawarden and Waikari|
It is more important than ever, that recycling is clean and not contaminated, please remember:
- Always wash and dry recycling thoroughly to protect your household and our frontline staff.
- Our recycling bags can only accept paper, cardboard, rigid plastics numbers 1, 2 and 5 (no lids) and food and drink cans.
- Soft plastics, shopping bags and plastics numbered 3, 4, 6 and 7 are not recyclable. These go in the rubbish.
- Items such as food, clothing, garden waste, plastic strapping, dirty containers and polystyrene are not recyclable. We must sticker and leave recycling bags that contain these items.
- If in doubt – place it in the rubbish.
Hurunui District Council refuse and recycling bags are available at outlets across the Hurunui and cost $3.00 per refuse bag and 50 cents per recycling bag. The cost of the rubbish and recycling bag covers collection, processing and disposal.
Where to buy Council Bags
Official Hurunui Council refuse and recycling bags are sold though council and retail outlets in Hurunui.
Collections - Rubbish
Rubbish collections - what to remember when using the councils weekly rubbish collection service.
Collections - Rural
Find out how rural residents in Hurunui can use the councils refuse and recycling collection service.
Find out what happens to recycling, where to purchase a discounted composting kit and the range of schemes available.
Queen's Birthday - Collections
Anzac rubbish and recycling collection arrangements.
What can be recycled in Hurunui?
Hurunui is able to accept a range of materials for recycling.