Labour Day Collections
On week commencing October 26, some rubbish and recycling collection days are changing to the days below. As pick-up times may vary to normal, place securely tied Hurunui Council refuse and recycling bags at the kerbside by 8am.
It is more important than ever, that recycling is clean and not contaminated. Please help by remembering the following.
- Only rigid plastics numbered 1, 2 and 5 can be recycled in Hurunui.
- Always wash and dry recycling thoroughly to protect your household and our frontline staff.
- Through the recycling bags, it is possible to recycle paper, cardboard, rigid plastics 1, 2 and 5 (no lids), food and drink cans only.
- Soft plastics and shopping bags are not accepted for recycling; please place these in your refuse bag.
- Food, clothing, garden waste, plastic strapping, polystyrene are not recyclable and recycling bags will be stickered and left if they contain these items.
- If in doubt – place it in the refuse.
Bundles of cardboard will not be collected, but can be recycled via the transfer stations during opening hours for free.
|Labour Day Collections|
|Monday 26 October||No collections|
|Tuesday 27 October||Hanmer Springs and Gore Bay|
|Wednesday 28 October|
Amberley, Amberley Beach, Leithfield and Leithfield Beach
Cheviot, Waipara, Scargill, Omihi, Greta Valley and Motunau Beach
|Thursday 29 October||Waiau, Rotherham, Culverden, Waikari and Hawarden|