Temporary road closures
Before approval to close a road for any activity, written requests are put before Council and must be publicly advertised for objections. The request must be with Council 50 days before the event to allow time to carryout the requirements of the Transport Regulations 1965.
Notes on Application:
- This application must be made at least 30 working days, prior to the proposed closure.
- In order to meet the legal requirements, council is required to advertise the proposed closure in the public notice section of the local paper at the applicant’s costs.
- The first placement is to inform the public of the application and call for any reasonable objections to the proposed temporary road closure. The objection period will be 1 week (7 Days)
- Approved applications will be advertised in the local newspaper on the next available date following the Committee’s decision, again at the applicant’s costs.
- A Bond of $5,000.00 is to be deposited with the application.
- Processing of the application will not commence until bond has been received.
- In the event that the closure is cancelled, the applicant is still liable for all costs incurred.
- All costs for remedial grading, road furniture replacement and/or metalling, as determined by the Council Roading Engineer, will be met by the applicant.
- All costs will be deducted from the deposited bond, and the balance refunded to the applicant. please include bank details.
- Bond balances will only be refunded once the road has been inspected and all repairs (if any) have been made.
- The applicant is bound by any and all conditions as stated by The Council.
- The Council reserves the ‘right of refusal’ of any application lodged with reasonable explanation.
Temporary Road Closure applications
2020 Lone Star Canterbury Rally Stages 2,3,4,5 & 6
The Hurunui District Council has received an application from Autosport Car Club Inc. requesting the temporary closure of various roads across the Hurunui District.
This closure is requested to safely run the
- 2020 Lone Star Canterbury Rally
- Sunday 25 October 2020.
Objections to all or part of the proposed closures will need to be lodged with council by:
- Mid-day, Wednesday 16 September 2020
- post:Hurunui District Council, PO Box 13, Amberley 7441
- or any Hurunui District Council Office/Service Centre in the district
The temporary Road Closure Committee will consider this application Thursday 24 September 2020
Roads affected are listed below.
Closure times at each stage
0850 – 1240 (8.50 – 12.40)
Ram Paddock Rd from Laidmore Rd intersection to end
MacDonald Downs Rd from Ram Paddock Rd to Broxton Rd
Broxton Rd from MacDonald Downs Rd to intersection with Greys and Pyramid Valley Rd’s
1100 – 1415 ( 11am – 2:15pm)
Kaiwara Rd from 1.3km after seal to intersection with Eggleston Rd
Eggleston Rd – entire length
Leamington Rd – entire length
Kaiwara West Rd from intersection with Leamington Rd to start of seal
1135 – 1425 (11.35 – 2:35pm)
Sinclair Rd entire length
1245-1555 (12:45pm – 3:55pm)
Blythe Rd entire length (from Nape Nape Rd to Stonyhurst Rd)
Stonyhurst Rd from intersection with Blythe Rd to Happy Valley Rd
Happy Valley Rd from Stonyhurst Rd to Fisherman’s Lane Motunau Beach
1505-1750 (3:05 – 5:50pm)
Onepunga Rd from start of gravel (S43*06.290/S172*39.179) to intersection with Berriedale Rd
Berriedale Rd entire length
Brodies Rd From intersection with Berriedale Rd to (S43*07.875/E172*39.440 ) start of seal
This closure is proposed under paragraph 11(e) of the Tenth Schedule of the Local Government Act 1974. The proposed closure will apply to all vehicular traffic with the exception of emergency services vehicles.