The Council Gambling Policy outlines rules and regulations on gambling venues in the district.
This policy explains where Class 4 gambling venues can be established and the number of gaming machines allowed to be operated at a venue. The policy also sets out where TAB venues can be established. The establishment of these venues are also subject to application and fee requirements.
Please include all the details outlined within the application form. Or please provide the following details:
- Name and address details for the application;
- Street address of premises proposed for the Class 4 venue;
- The names of management staff;
- A site plan covering both gambling and other activities proposed for the venue, including details of each floor of the venue. This site plan must clearly show where the electronic gaming machines are to be located on the premises; and
- Details of the alcohol licence(s) applying to the premises.
Applications can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees can change depending on the cost of processing the application. This includes any consultation or hearings involved, the cost of triennially reviewing the Class 4 gambling and TAB venue policy and a contribution towards the cost of triennial assessments of the economic and social impact of gambling in the Hurunui District.
Fees are reviewed on an annual basis. The current fee can be found in the Fees and Charges Schedule .
Council consent must be obtained before an application can be made to the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA) for a venue licence. We, as a Council, are responsible for processing applications and issuing consents for gambling venues that comply with our policy.