South Ward Future Growth
What kind of South Ward do you want to live in, and be part of in the future?
We are on a journey to create a blueprint for how the South Ward will look and grow over the next 30 years. This blueprint will provide a foundation for planning and investment in future growth and infrastructure services. The blueprint will also consider placemaking and how we can shape our communities and neighbourhoods to be places where people want to live, play, work and invest.
- Should we grow up, out or both?
- What do we need to protect?
- What services do we need?
- How should we get around?
What have we done so far?
We have received some big picture ideas through workshops with community representatives including councillors, youth councillors, and South Ward Committee members. We have also considered other Council strategies and Government direction.
We have run a first round of engagement with the community and are now collating and analysing those responses to inform a draft spatial plan.
There will be another opportunity to have your say in the new year on the draft spatial plan before this is finalised.
A big thank you to everyone who took the time to have their say so far!
What happens next?
- Spring 2023: Summarise survey responses
- Summer 2023/24: Develop growth scenario
- Autumn 2024: Share draft spatial plan with community for feedback
- Winter 2024: Spatial Plan approved