Rates are set annually in order to fund the net cost of running the district, which includes maintenance and development of the district's infrastructure, public services and general running of Council. The rate requirement is determined by the Hurunui Long Term Plan (or the Annual Plan) as part of the budgeting process and is then assessed on each property.
Rates must be paid by the due date. We offer a range of payment options and are always willing to discuss the needs of our customers.
Hurunui District Council bank account number is 03-0802-0946666-00. Please use your valuation number as the reference.
Are you struggling to pay rates?
- Please get in touch. We can set up a payment arrangement.
- If you are a low-income household, you may be eligible for a Rates Rebate.
- Here is a list of helpful phone numbers for local support agencies.
- We can also refer you to some external agencies for financial and wellbeing assistance. Please contact us for more information on this confidential service.
If you have any queries please contact our office:
- Phone - 03 314 8816
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know?
Rates can now be paid through our website portal using Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
Credit cards are also able to be used across the counter at our Amberley office as well as the Amberley Library, and the Cheviot, Amuri and Hanmer Springs Library & Service Centre's. Please note there is a 2.5% ($1 minimum bank fee) for credit card transactions.
Rates Due Dates
Find out when your rates are due.
Rates EasyPay & Payment Options
Rates Easypay - set up a direct debit payment.
Rates Penalties & Remissions
So you missed the due date, find out what your options are.
Are you eligible for a rebate?
Search property details.
Other Rating Information
Understanding the lingo on your rates demand.