Hurunui Community Directories
This section is where you will find a wealth of local Hurunui community information.
Hurunui Libraries - enjoy access to books, online learning and online resources.
- Hawarden - Waikari Community Information (as at June 2020)
- Hawarden - Waikari Community Map
- Waiau Area Community Map
- Cheviot Area Community Map
- Hanmer Springs Village Map
- Community Response Committee - local community volunteers supporting the Rotherham, Waiau and Mt Lyford communities.
Hurunui Township Websites
Amberley is a destination town renowned for its vibrant cafe scene and boutique shopping, all delivered with warm country hospitality.
Steeped in history, Cheviot offers a diverse range of activities for every age and capability, and with a great range of accommodation and dining options, you'll be spoilt for choice.
Surrounded by mountains, forests and crisp air, Hanmer Springs is an alpine spa village worth exploring and the perfect post lock down getaway.
Waiau is one of the oldest towns in North Canterbury nestled on the banks of the Waiau river with approximately 300 residents and local business servicing a large and well established farming community.