Hurunui Heritage Fund
The purpose of this fund is to encourage and assist with voluntary work that protects, enhances, explains or restores significant heritage values of the District
The fund is open to residents and ratepayers of the Hurunui District, individuals or groups for work relating to either private or public land in the Hurunui District.
Funding for the Hurunui Heritage Award has been suspended for the 20/21 financial year due to Council budget cuts following the Covid 19 lockdown. It is hoped this will be reinstated for the 21/22 financial year.
Some past projects we are pleased to have been a part of include:
- Upgrade of the stage backdrop of the Waiau Hall,
- Protective fencing around Maori Rock drawings in Waipara & Signage for the Weka Pass Maori rock drawings,
- The upgrade of a railway carriage with the Weka Pass Railway,
- funding for an Engineers report on the earthquake status of the Heritage Hurunui Hotel building,
- Weather proofing the Heritage Cheviot Courthouse building,
- Restoration of the Balcairn Community Hall,
- Replacement of steeple timbers on the Amberley Catholic Church,
- Assisting with the purchase of a computer to record historic items by the Amuri Historic Society,
- Restoration and preservation of a Century old Historic Barn in Leithfield.
For further information please contact the fund administrator firstname.lastname@example.org