Temporary road closures
Before approval to close a road for any activity, written requests are put before Council and must be publicly advertised for objections. The request must be with Council 30 working days before the event to allow time to carryout the requirements of the Transport Regulations 1965.
Notes on Application:
- This application must be made at least 30 working days, prior to the proposed closure.
- In order to meet the legal requirements, council is required to advertise the proposed closure in the public notice section of the local paper at the applicant’s costs.
- The first placement is to inform the public of the application and call for any reasonable objections to the proposed temporary road closure. The objection period will be 1 week (7 Days)
- Approved applications will be advertised in the local newspaper on the next available date following the Committee’s decision, again at the applicant’s costs.
- A Bond of $5,000.00 is to be deposited with the application.
- Processing of the application will not commence until bond has been received.
- In the event that the closure is cancelled, the applicant is still liable for all costs incurred.
- All costs for remedial grading, road furniture replacement and/or metalling, as determined by the Council Roading Engineer, will be met by the applicant.
- All costs will be deducted from the deposited bond, and the balance refunded to the applicant. please include bank details.
- Bond balances will only be refunded once the road has been inspected and all repairs (if any) have been made.
- The applicant is bound by any and all conditions as stated by The Council.
- The Council reserves the ‘right of refusal’ of any application lodged with reasonable explanation.