Registering your dog
All dogs must be registered by the age of three months. You are then required to renew your dog's registration each year in July.
After 1 August a 50% penalty will be added to unpaid dog registrations.
Dogs must be registered in the district where they are normally kept.
You can register your dog in person at any of our service centres, or by posting or emailing us an attached registration form.
Alternatively you do do it online via the button below.
To register your dog you'll need:
- to know what breed your dog is
- its age, colour and sex
- evidence of working dog classification (if applicable)
- whether it has been neutered (desexed) including any certificates to prove this
- whether it has been microchipped including any certificates to confirm the microchip number
- any previous registration details, either under the name of a previous owner or with another council.
If you register a puppy for the first time part way through the registration year, you'll be charged a proportion of the annual registration fee based on when your puppy turned three months.
When paying registration fees by internet payment please use your owner number as reference. The Council's bank account number is 03 0802 0946666 00.
Annual Dog Registration from 01 July 2020
|Standard domestic dog||$47.00|
|Responsible dog owner category||$33.00|
|Working except dog (exempt from microchipping)||$33.00|
|Disability assist dog||No charge|
|Probationary dog owner - Working or working exempt dog||$33.00|
|Probationary dog owner - Domestic dog||$47.00|