Building Warrant of Fitness
A building warrant of fitness (BWOF) is a building annual statement confirming the specified systems (For Example: fire alarms system, final exit, back flow preventer) that is listed on the compliance schedule for their building have been maintained and checked for the previous 12 months.
As a building owner your responsibilities are:
- Contact an Independent Qualified Person (IQP) for inspections, maintenance and reporting procedures as required by the compliance schedule. On completion, the IQP will provide you with Form 12 and Form 12 A - these must be submitted to us.
- On each anniversary, sign the building warrant of fitness Form 12 A and Form 12 from the IQP stating the procedures have been complied with during the previous 12 months.
- Send forms to email@example.com for processing by the BWOF team.
- Display a copy of the current signed building warrant of fitness (Form 12) within the public area of the building.
You may get a fine if you don't display a building warrant of fitness, or it has expired.
For more information and guidance, see the MBIE website.
Renewal of a Building Warrant of Fitness
We will send out an annual reminder including an invoice for the annual admin fees and processing of the building warrant of fitness.
Inspections and on-site audits
Each year we conduct BWOF inspections and audits on randomly selected buildings.
For more information visit here
- Building consent requires a new compliance schedule, or amended compliance schedule, to be issued as a result of building work, a fee is charged with the issue of the building consent.
- A building owner applies for an amendment to a compliance schedule outside the building consent process.
- An annual administration fee for processing the building warrant of fitness.
- A fee for building warrants of fitness site audits following a failed audit.